Saturday, January 28, 2012

THE SURPRISE SALE




THERE IT WAS, SITTING QUIETLY IN THE CORNER DURING MY HUBBY'S 50TH BIRTHDAY PARTY, AND IT WAS SOLD SHORTLY THEREAFTER.


We recently celebrated my husband's 50th birthday at our home, and invited around 100 of his nearest and dearest friends to see in this milestone.

We had a houseful of people, some who had never visited the house before. The food was fantastic, the slushie machine a major hit and the booze flowed freely all night.

For me, the most surprising part of the whole night, was my latest artwork piece, that had graced the walls for less than a week, caught the eye of a friend's wife.

After initially saying no, it wasn't for sale, i had a rethink after they contacted me after the party to see if i could paint a second painting exactly the same. 
i was so surprised, as i thought it was the drink talking for them, but low and behold, they WERE serious. They loved it and really wanted to purchase the original or get me to paint another for their home.

Rather than paint an identical painting, the price was set for the original on the wall (at a discount, obviously, for a friend) and they returned on Australia Day to share a BBQ and they took the painting home with them, as they left.
Amazing, last thing i was expecting when hosting the party, was to sell my very first big artwork piece , and the best thing now is, i have a huge empty space on my wall, a brand new canvas on my easel and the world of possibilities has re-visited again.

No comments: