Thursday, July 19, 2012

BACK IN PAINT CLASS AND I AM SO HAPPY


Well after a six month break, i finally got back to my local art group painting class.

After catching up with all my friends......


After listening to our Clive's latest trip, where he had the immense privilege to be allowed to paint on the private property of renowned Australian artist, Arthur Boyd........

After popping champagne bottles and eating cake for the birthday boy ..........

After finding out about the Melbourne 20's next exhibition in Malvern East at the end of this month and arranging for us to all attend opening night....

and,
After hearing about the next painting retreat scheduled at Point Lonsdale Victoria.......


We finally picked up our brushes!


Armed with a quick sketch i arranged prior to my arrival i quickly got to work.

My inspiration for first class back was from an artwork piece called "At the Balcony", by Pino Daeni,

I spent most of the two hour class, chatting and throwing paint around, with glass of champers in hand
(The only way to paint, i might say!). lol

Nothing beats painting in class, drawing inspiration from one another, sharing ideas and tips and coming out at the end of it with another artwork piece you really like........

I got most of the artwork piece done during the class.
A quick 10 minute touch up when i got home, finished the piece.


"At the balcony" by Pino Daeni had previously inspired another artwork piece back in March 2012.

I previously was inspired to paint this in black and white, with tinges of silver and pearl white- which gave the whole painting a traditional, romantic, wedding-type feel.

My niece LOVED this painting, and it now hangs in her bedroom.

No comments: