Wednesday, August 8, 2012

CHRISTINA PERRI ROCKS

 For those who know me well, know that i love to play my ipod with my favourite music blaring, as i paint either on my kitchen table or out in my studio.

Christina Perri and her Jar of Hearts Album or Lovestrong Albums have entertained me many an hour as i played with my paints and brushes.

In early June 2012 i was excited to hear that christina was hoping on to a plane and heading down to Australia. And even more excitingly, she planned to play at the Palais here in my home town of Melbourne.

Within 15 mins of her tour dates being announced, my sisters, my two nieces and i had third row dead centre tickets!

So when i returned to art class after a 6 month break, i finally had photos of my very own to play with.

This was what i achieved in my first two hour class.
IT IS NOT FINISHED! I STILL NEED TO DO MORE WORK ON THE SKIN-TONES AND FACE, BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD SHOW YOU WHAT I ACHIEVED IN CLASS ON THE NIGHT.

I finished the background, worked on her dress and hair, the guitar and got the first base coat of the skin. i plan to do more work on it, once i get back to class again. Using my normal mustard/greenish background (found in so many of my other artworks), i started to paint.

The only difference, this time, was instead of the classic glass of red wine in the hand, was her trusty guitar.






No comments: